Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Madonna Seeks Public's Help on a Major New Project


She's a worldwide singer, actress and mega-performer -- and now Madonna is getting personal about her major new project to impact the world! And she's asking for your help!

The Material Mom announced on her website that she will be building a girls' school in Malawi, the native African country of her adopted son David.

"I'm sure you know that I'm on tour right now, and I'm having an amazing time," Madonna said on a video blog she posted on her website. "But there are other things that I'm doing that are equally important to me and that are very near and dear to my heart. One of them is a girls' school that I'm building in Malawi."

Madonna said she was inspired to build the school after witnessing the lack of opportunities given to girls in Malawi. She went on to urge the public to help in raising awareness and raising money for the cause through "The Raising Malawi Academy for Girls" organization.

For more information on the cause, please visit www.raisingmalawi.org.

No comments: